One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Interaction at short distances between certain subatomic particles mediated by the strong force.See strong (sense 6)
- ‘Quantum chromodynamics is the theory of the strong interaction that binds protons and neutrons together to form atomic nuclei.’
- ‘They are the electromagnetic interaction, the weak interaction and the strong interaction.’
- ‘The electroweak and strong interactions coexist in a combined theory of the fundamental interactions called the standard model.’
- ‘Beychok and Warner have observed electrophoretically a strong interaction of lysozyme with chloride.’
- ‘Higgs decided to write an extra paragraph on possible applications to the strong interaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.