One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Interaction at short distances between certain subatomic particles mediated by the strong force.See strong (sense 6)
- ‘Beychok and Warner have observed electrophoretically a strong interaction of lysozyme with chloride.’
- ‘They are the electromagnetic interaction, the weak interaction and the strong interaction.’
- ‘The electroweak and strong interactions coexist in a combined theory of the fundamental interactions called the standard model.’
- ‘Higgs decided to write an extra paragraph on possible applications to the strong interaction.’
- ‘Quantum chromodynamics is the theory of the strong interaction that binds protons and neutrons together to form atomic nuclei.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.