One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A troupe of itinerant actors.
- ‘Other activities include a town crier, strolling players, theatre groups and dancers in period costume depicting the history.’
- ‘The Bard can rest easy - his Merry Wives were in safe hands when the band of strolling players promenaded around Turton Tower.’
- ‘He is set down to watch the play that follows, performed solely for his benefit by strolling players.’
- ‘It is a long way from a hundred years ago when we were the strolling players - rogues and vagabonds.’
- ‘It has its stylistic roots in the strolling players and minstrels of the Middle Ages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.