One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This species reproduces through strobilation, similar to most other jellies, but with varying seasonality.’
- ‘The usual strobilation period for Aurelia aurita lasted from early March to about May.’
- ‘A temperature drop from 15 to 10° induces strobilation of polyps of Aurelia aurita from the North Sea.’
- ‘Collectively, these studies indicate that iodinated organic compounds, such as thyroxine, can affect strobilation and mineralization in cnidarians.’
- ‘However, a strobilation event in November 1998 prevented the complete loss of medusae.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.