One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Well, the locals call them strivers now, but the Dutch had another word for them.’
- ‘Buick has had a history of being a car for strivers who have not quite made it.’
- ‘If any one thing really characterizes this big boiling pot of diversity dubbed ‘America,’ it is that we're a nation of strivers.’
- ‘And, not surprisingly, huge numbers of strivers would like to join the ranks of the well-heeled stars.’
- ‘Certainly, immigrant strivers have always done astonishingly well in national academic contests, not to mention in school in general.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.