One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And, not surprisingly, huge numbers of strivers would like to join the ranks of the well-heeled stars.’
- ‘Well, the locals call them strivers now, but the Dutch had another word for them.’
- ‘If any one thing really characterizes this big boiling pot of diversity dubbed ‘America,’ it is that we're a nation of strivers.’
- ‘Certainly, immigrant strivers have always done astonishingly well in national academic contests, not to mention in school in general.’
- ‘Buick has had a history of being a car for strivers who have not quite made it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.