One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A board with which the ends of the steps in a staircase are covered.
- ‘Anomalous’ owner Erik Lanzillotta asked if I would make an installation of stringboards and I gladly agreed.’
- ‘Front fix and stringboard brackets are available for fully fitted or runner carpets.’
- ‘The following year the statue was brought to the eastern stair stringboard in Schinkel's Old Museum.’
- ‘The bar-glued or block-glued stairs are rabbeted on their stringboards, so that no gap can be seen even after the wood's natural shrinkage.’
- ‘This is also the right address for rolling stair stringboards and stair railings.’
- ‘The frame consists of two parallel beams which form stringboards and are pivoted to the fixed support.’
- ‘The production of compressed bamboo flooring, commonly known as stringboard has seen a rapid expansion in China over the past two years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.