One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fault in which rock strata are displaced mainly in a horizontal direction, parallel to the line of the fault.
- ‘These faults are dominantly dextral strike-slip faults with NE-SW trends.’
- ‘The Mae Ping and Three Pagodas fault zones are far from being isolated, parallel strike-slip faults.’
- ‘The East Asian region is characterized by widespread Cenozoic normal and strike-slip faults.’
- ‘Towards the end of the orogeny, several north-south-trending strike-slip faults were active.’
- ‘The hinterland of the Middle Urals is strongly influenced by north-south-trending strike-slip faults.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.