Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fault in which rock strata are displaced mainly in a horizontal direction, parallel to the line of the fault.
- ‘These faults are dominantly dextral strike-slip faults with NE-SW trends.’
- ‘Towards the end of the orogeny, several north-south-trending strike-slip faults were active.’
- ‘The Mae Ping and Three Pagodas fault zones are far from being isolated, parallel strike-slip faults.’
- ‘The hinterland of the Middle Urals is strongly influenced by north-south-trending strike-slip faults.’
- ‘The East Asian region is characterized by widespread Cenozoic normal and strike-slip faults.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.