One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An insidious bug called a Back Swimmer swims upside-down just beneath the water and attacks striders from below.’
- ‘When fully grown, these insects all have long, elegant wings (which many other species of striders lack) yet keep them stowed on their backs, as if too precious or impractical for everyday use.’
- ‘Jake then turned his concentration back to preparing for his own race as he stretched and then picked up the tempo with some striders.’
- ‘Diagonal striders need not be left out of the fun either.’
- ‘I often stick on a music DVD when using the strider.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.