One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Critiques were voiced with stridency and utter conviction.’
- ‘Pro-family activists were startled by Mr. Axworthy's stridency.’
- ‘Their stridency resulted in the general ‘outing’ of the worst kind of communal prejudices from even the respectable middle class.’
- ‘Given its stridency of tone, it would be disingenuous to claim that it merely represented a divergent view; it is anything but dispassionately presented.’
- ‘Yet I must confess to feeling a little jaded with the constant stridency and intellectual conceit of many of the contributions published, however much I agreed with the sentiment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.