One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Critiques were voiced with stridency and utter conviction.’
- ‘Given its stridency of tone, it would be disingenuous to claim that it merely represented a divergent view; it is anything but dispassionately presented.’
- ‘Pro-family activists were startled by Mr. Axworthy's stridency.’
- ‘Yet I must confess to feeling a little jaded with the constant stridency and intellectual conceit of many of the contributions published, however much I agreed with the sentiment.’
- ‘Their stridency resulted in the general ‘outing’ of the worst kind of communal prejudices from even the respectable middle class.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.