One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or condition of being strict.‘the strictness of his upbringing’
severity, harshness, rigidity, rigidness, stringency, rigorousness, austerityprecision, preciseness, accuracy, exactness, exactitude, correctness, faithfulness, closeness, correspondenceView synonyms
- ‘In strictness the answer on both points must be in the negative. The Constitution of the U. S. forbids everything like an establishment of a national religion.’
- ‘To a lesser extent they blamed adverse family factors and the strictness of the school regime.’
- ‘Her high spirits and love of life were so different from Mimi's strictness and rigidity.’
- ‘Yet when no discrimination is in question she forgoes strictness, and gives both race and diversity constitutional stature.’
- ‘The commander stands for the general's qualities of wisdom, sincerity, benevolence, courage, and strictness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.