Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for corpus striatum
- ‘The principal mesencephalic projection to the striatum originates from the substantia nigra pars compacta.’
- ‘The brain showed extensive neuronal loss and severe astrogliosis in the striatum and substantia nigra.’
- ‘Men who responded to fluoxetine, in addition, showed changes in certain lower brain areas - brainstem, hippocampus, striatum and anterior insula.’
- ‘Instead, the brain showed neuronal loss, gliosis, and glial cytoplasmic inclusions in the striatum and substantia nigra, leading to the diagnosis of striatonigral degeneration.’
- ‘The finding may help explain why these mutant proteins, although they are widely expressed throughout the body, kill only certain neurons within the striatum and cortex of the brain.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.