One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Muscle tissue in which the contractile fibrils in the cells are aligned in parallel bundles, so that their different regions form stripes visible in a microscope. Muscles of this type are attached to the skeleton by tendons and are under voluntary control.
- ‘Here, striated muscle is replaced by smooth muscle, the two types of muscle interdigitating over several centimeters.’
- ‘A second major difference between smooth and striated muscle is that smooth muscle contains a unique myosin light-chain subunit known as p-light chain.’
- ‘Creatine kinase is an enzyme that is found in striated muscle and tissues of the brain, kidney, lung, and gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘Differentiation of vertebrate skeletal striated muscle can be studied in cell culture and provides a valuable model system for cell differentiation.’
- ‘It is girdled by the external anal sphincter, a striated muscle structure that is part of the pelvic floor musculature.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.