One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At autopsy, the brain showed mild basal ganglia atrophy and substantia nigra depigmentation, with extensive striatal and substantia nigral neuronal loss and astrogliosis.’
- ‘Stimulating or inhibiting this area affects firing of striatal neurons and dopamine release.’
- ‘The placebo induced a significant release of dopamine from the damaged striatal neurons, detectable by positron emission tomography.’
- ‘Brain volume, striatal volume, striatal neuron number, striatal neuron number residual, striatal volume residual, and brain weight were measured using standard procedures.’
- ‘Patients on active medication who failed to improve did not sustain the brainstem, striatal and hippocampus changes unique to antidepressant responders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.