One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At autopsy, the brain showed mild basal ganglia atrophy and substantia nigra depigmentation, with extensive striatal and substantia nigral neuronal loss and astrogliosis.’
- ‘Brain volume, striatal volume, striatal neuron number, striatal neuron number residual, striatal volume residual, and brain weight were measured using standard procedures.’
- ‘Stimulating or inhibiting this area affects firing of striatal neurons and dopamine release.’
- ‘Patients on active medication who failed to improve did not sustain the brainstem, striatal and hippocampus changes unique to antidepressant responders.’
- ‘The placebo induced a significant release of dopamine from the damaged striatal neurons, detectable by positron emission tomography.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.