One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A region of the earth's surface over which tektites of a similar age and presumed origin are found.
- ‘The extent of this strewn field is still being determined, but it has already exceeded 200 sq. km.’
- ‘I'm very interested in finding new strewn fields, other than the two well known ones here in Arizona.’
- ‘It seems most strewn fields were happened upon by people hunting for gold with their detectors.’
- ‘The size of the strewn fields is of crucial interest to all hypotheses concerned with the origin of tektites.’
- ‘An additional 10 specimens, unrelated to the strewn field, were found widely scattered over the icefield.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.