One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Suffering from mental or emotional stress.‘this chaotic and stress-ridden world’
stressed, under stress, stressed out, strained, overtaxed, overburdened, overloaded, exhausted, fatigued, worn outView synonyms
- ‘It has become indispensable to the average citizen and a gift from heaven for stress-ridden parents.’
- ‘We're a very stress-ridden culture.’
- ‘The people of Bethlehem, living in this stress-ridden situation, have, begun to display psychological problems.’
- ‘Show your children that the holidays can be joyous and fulfilling, not just a stress-ridden time that revolves around marathon shopping trips.’
- ‘It is ideally suited for today's stress-ridden lifestyle.’
- ‘Was it that strong and supportive family background which enabled Cruz to survive in the dangerous, stress-ridden environment of international aid?’
- ‘It has been lampooned as a testosterone-charged arena of stress-ridden alpha males catering to conservative businessmen on expense accounts.’
- ‘Traditional Highland crofting is fast becoming the lifestyle of choice for stress-ridden city folk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.