Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(especially of a medical problem) caused by stress or mental fatigue.‘an increase of stress-induced diseases’‘he succumbed to a stress-induced ulcer and nervous breakdown’
psychological, irrational, stress-related, stress-induced, subjective, subconscious, unconsciousView synonyms
- ‘I don't always feel sexy or confident, particularly when my eating spirals out of control or a stress-induced binge leaves me longing for a siesta in the middle of a workday.’
- ‘In 1998, the divorcee and mother-of-one was diagnosed with stress-induced cancer of the mouth.’
- ‘I have stress-induced asthma.’
- ‘Like nail biting, twirling, twisting and tugging at your hair is a nervous or stress-induced habit.’
- ‘He was put on indeterminate sick leave following the diagnosis of a mystery illness, thought to be stress-induced hypertension.’
- ‘Stretching can relieve stress-induced muscle tightness.’
- ‘The princess has been suffering from a stress-induced disorder.’
- ‘It also contains strong antibacterial and antiviral compounds that help shake off stress-induced colds and infections.’
- ‘The good news is that stress-induced pounds will melt away with a few tweaks to your diet, exercise, and stress-management tools.’
- ‘In each case a circuit judge awarded damages for negligence against the claimants' employers after the claimant had had to stop working for them owing to stress-induced psychiatric illness.’
- ‘A pregnant woman who experienced stress-induced contractions was later discharged from hospital.’
- ‘Going by the number of stress-induced cases in India, I strongly feel that the people need hypertension specialists to guide them on stress management.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.