An antibiotic that was the first drug to be successful against tuberculosis but is now chiefly used with other drugs because of its toxic side effects.
- ‘All the patients had bacilli sensitive to streptomycin, isoniazid and rifampicin initially.’
- ‘In its early stages, leptospirosis can be treated with antibiotics such as penicillin, streptomycin, tetracycline and erythromycin.’
- ‘These include the antibiotics polymyxin B sulfate, streptomycin sulfate, chlortetracycline hydrochloride and neomycin sulfate.’
- ‘The preferred and most effective drug of choice to treat tularemia is streptomycin or gentamicin.’
- ‘Treatment is with tetracycline (as doxycycline) and streptomycin for 6 weeks.’