One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bacterium of a genus that includes the agents of souring of milk and dental decay, and hemolytic pathogens causing various infections such as scarlet fever and pneumonia.
- ‘Impetigo is a skin infection that is generally caused by one of two bacteria: Group A streptococcus or Staphylococcus aureus.’
- ‘In many cases, these organisms are streptococci or staphylococci bacteria.’
- ‘Other agents occasionally implicated are pneumococci, staphylococci, streptococci, and Candida albicans.’
- ‘Then a starter culture of lactic streptococci and lactobacilli bacteria is added.’
- ‘By using sugar fermentation, bacteriologists observed that haemolytic streptococci of human origin were broadly differentiated from those of bovine origin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.