One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for streptococcus
- ‘During this period Jonas Salk was in medical school, becoming a research assistant to a chemistry professor and developing ways to harvest the strep bacterium for further study.’
- ‘They react to tissues in the heart valves as though they were the strep bacteria and cause the heart valves to thicken and scar.’
- ‘However, both the strep pneumonia bacteria and the pneumococcal pneumonia bacteria are, to some extent, natural residents in the human body.’
- ‘His wife Sally was rushed into emergency surgery on Friday with the strep A bacteria infecting her leg.’
- ‘The flu disguised the strep and let it last long enough to pump the endotoxin into his body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.