One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for streptococcus
- ‘During this period Jonas Salk was in medical school, becoming a research assistant to a chemistry professor and developing ways to harvest the strep bacterium for further study.’
- ‘The flu disguised the strep and let it last long enough to pump the endotoxin into his body.’
- ‘However, both the strep pneumonia bacteria and the pneumococcal pneumonia bacteria are, to some extent, natural residents in the human body.’
- ‘They react to tissues in the heart valves as though they were the strep bacteria and cause the heart valves to thicken and scar.’
- ‘His wife Sally was rushed into emergency surgery on Friday with the strep A bacteria infecting her leg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.