One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Dips target your lower pectorals, triceps, and shoulders - they are an ideal upper-body strengthener.’
- ‘Mr Proudfoot will use poultices to remove encrusted dust and grime before treating the stone with chemical strengtheners to prevent cracking and erosion.’
- ‘Calcium and vitamin D are good general bone strengtheners.’
- ‘Individual finger lifts are also tremendous finger strengtheners.’
- ‘Some elements, notably tin and zirconium, behave as neutral solutes in titanium and have little effect on the transformation temperature, acting as strengtheners of the phase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.