One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mr Proudfoot will use poultices to remove encrusted dust and grime before treating the stone with chemical strengtheners to prevent cracking and erosion.’
- ‘Some elements, notably tin and zirconium, behave as neutral solutes in titanium and have little effect on the transformation temperature, acting as strengtheners of the phase.’
- ‘Individual finger lifts are also tremendous finger strengtheners.’
- ‘Dips target your lower pectorals, triceps, and shoulders - they are an ideal upper-body strengthener.’
- ‘Calcium and vitamin D are good general bone strengtheners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.