A kind of orange-flavored Italian liqueur.
- ‘I drank copious amounts of vodka and Strega for two or three hours, and collapsed.’
- ‘Her home was candlelit and stocked with Strega and strange pills.’
- ‘One of Italy's largest selling liqueurs, Strega has been produced in Benevento since 1860.’
- ‘Strega has a similar appearance to Galliano, though less vibrantly yellow.’
- ‘Whenever your grandparents go to Italy, they bring back about five bottles of Strega, Galiano and Sambuca.’
Italian, literally ‘witch’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.