One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small stream.
- ‘The hurriedly constructed dwellings were not only found around the lower reaches of the streamlet but were seen also in many residential districts in and around the town.’
- ‘In the faint distance a streamlet ran, further back into the cavern.’
- ‘The rivulet becomes a streamlet, and the desert silence is suddenly broken by the silver music of water.’
- ‘A secret streamlet trickles on beneath the heavy cover of inertia and pseudo-events, slowly and inconspicuously undercutting it.’
- ‘Frequently, they paused to rest in the shade of high pines along sepia streamlets where there was fresh water to drink.’
- ‘The Nile River starts as a small spring and a streamlet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.