One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting an animal's coat that is chestnut mixed with white or gray.
- ‘The rider was seen riding the nine-year-old strawberry roan pony, in the town centre.’
- ‘Finally, she reached the small stable where her strawberry roan saddle horse was kept.’
- ‘The other, called Toffee, is a strawberry roan miniature with a black mane, tail and forelock and black markings on his legs.’
- ‘‘Hey Sammy,’ Kris cooed, stroking the even white blaze on the massive strawberry roan quarter horse's face.’
- ‘He felt sorry for her strawberry roan stallion because its rider was a horrible horsewoman.’
A strawberry roan animal.
- ‘Ria longed for Morgan, her strawberry roan with a white snip on his forehead.’
- ‘The strawberry roan turned towards the blacksmith's and left the friends.’
- ‘Outside, he swung himself onto the strawberry roan and kicked the horse.’
- ‘Our task for the day was to place the Strawberry Roan on Dave's property.’
- ‘Some strawberry roans have so many white hairs mixed in that they appear nearly pink.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.