One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The horny outer layer of the skin.
- ‘In most areas of the body, the stratum corneum is comprised of about 15 tightly stacked layers of corneocytes.’
- ‘Generally, all maintenance and repair products should focus on the restorative and nutritive needs of the stratum corneum and epidermal cells.’
- ‘Its thick epidermis contains well-developed granular, spinous, suprabasal, and basal layers below a mature stratum corneum.’
- ‘This property results from product adherence to the stratum corneum layer of the skin, inhibiting microbial recolonization.’
- ‘The stratum corneum and a natural skin oil called the ‘barrier lipid’ provide protection for the living skin cells with their sensitive nerve endings.’
Latin, literally ‘horny layer’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.