Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The horny outer layer of the skin.
- ‘This property results from product adherence to the stratum corneum layer of the skin, inhibiting microbial recolonization.’
- ‘Its thick epidermis contains well-developed granular, spinous, suprabasal, and basal layers below a mature stratum corneum.’
- ‘In most areas of the body, the stratum corneum is comprised of about 15 tightly stacked layers of corneocytes.’
- ‘Generally, all maintenance and repair products should focus on the restorative and nutritive needs of the stratum corneum and epidermal cells.’
- ‘The stratum corneum and a natural skin oil called the ‘barrier lipid’ provide protection for the living skin cells with their sensitive nerve endings.’
Latin, literally horny layer.
stratum corneum/ˈstra-//ˈstrātəm ˌkôrnēəm/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.