One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A volcano built up of alternate layers of lava and ash.
- ‘Mount Saint Helens in Washington and Mount Pinatubo in the Philippines are examples of stratovolcanoes.’
- ‘Vesuvius is a stratovolcano that grew within the breached crater of Monte Somma volcano.’
- ‘Nevado del Ruiz volcano is an andesite stratovolcano located in the northern Andes of Colombia.’
- ‘The very short period of time between the shield stage truncated by the Garajonay embayment and the beginning of its filling by the Vallehermoso stratovolcano suggests a volcano-tectonic origin.’
- ‘Between 30 and 40 million years ago, eruptions from a cluster of stratovolcanoes blanketed the area with ash beds and volcanic mud flows, reaching a maximum thickness of 3,000 feet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.