One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person skilled in planning action or policy, especially in war or politics.
- ‘Civilian strategists were neglecting the military side of strategy.’
- ‘They may not be military strategists, but market observers are betting that the war will be brief.’
- ‘Now that seems to me, the decided area of concern for a few political strategists.’
- ‘I think the real blame lies with the Labor Party's strategists, media advisers and pollsters.’
- ‘He and later strategists were intent on waging a type of war based on rapid, decisive maneuver.’
- ‘This is the main concern worrying the economic strategists of the Russian ruling elite.’
- ‘At a time when political strategists are looking to business for ideas, it seems an excellent plan.’
- ‘How odd then, that when it comes to oil so many strategists and politicians seem to find grasping the supply-demand equation so tough.’
- ‘By and large the strategists and planners have got it right.’
- ‘The best strategists have at their fingertips a wide assortment of doctrinal tools.’
- ‘Military strategists have long understood the value of catching an enemy by surprise.’
- ‘This brain teaser would challenge world history's best political and military strategists.’
- ‘It was a familiar exercise for the former general, widely regarded as one of Israel's greatest military strategists.’
- ‘The concepts in gray are those the military strategist provided in an ontology of war.’
- ‘His strategists keep advising him to look deep into the lens, to use his hands for emphasis, to speak slowly.’
- ‘I am not a politician or a military strategist: I have no idea how to fight terrorists effectively.’
- ‘The political (as well as military) strategists will be holding their breath, more than ever.’
- ‘Now is the moment for our economists and industrial strategists to prepare.’
- ‘These military successes owed much to Charlemagne's ability as a strategist and a diplomat.’
- ‘Theirs was a textbook case of how not to win an election, and will be studied by political analysts and party strategists for years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.