Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating or belonging to strata or a stratum.
- ‘This stratal geometry is common in temperate carbonates.’
- ‘These stratal patterns have recently been described in detail and their significance fully discussed by Braga et al…’
- ‘The correlation is supported by an analysis of stratal expansion, throw development, and data on the sandstone ratio of corresponding footwall and hanging-wall intervals.’
- ‘Strong, continuous stratal reflections characterize the shallow subsurface on the upper and middle shelf.’
- ‘The stratal geometries that are characteristic of the unconformity depend strongly on structural and geographical position within the basin.’
- ‘Below the downward tapering cone, stratal geometries change to a dominantly convex-up form defining a minor, upwards pointing cone that is reminiscent of reactive diapir geometry.’
- ‘This study demonstrates a close relationship between sedimentary styles and stratal geometries resulting from progradation of specific sedimentary systems.’
- ‘Depositional patterns within syn-tectonic stratal units give insights into the spatial characteristics of the fault zone at particular stages of its evolution.’
- ‘The basic characteristics of a stratal unit may be strongly controlled by source-area lithology.’
- ‘Similar stratal geometries have been described from comparable levels in the Chalk of the North Sea, and in outcrop in Britain and France.’
- ‘This study exemplifies very clearly the sort of stratal geometries that result from the progradation of specific, temperate carbonate sedimentary systems.’
- ‘If these progradational features are indicative of true stratal geometries they suggest significant transport of sediment across the sea bed during deposition.’
- ‘However, although many of the reflection terminations appear indicative of stratal truncation it may not be the only cause of reflection termination.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.