One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating or belonging to strata or a stratum.
- ‘These stratal patterns have recently been described in detail and their significance fully discussed by Braga et al…’
- ‘Similar stratal geometries have been described from comparable levels in the Chalk of the North Sea, and in outcrop in Britain and France.’
- ‘Strong, continuous stratal reflections characterize the shallow subsurface on the upper and middle shelf.’
- ‘Depositional patterns within syn-tectonic stratal units give insights into the spatial characteristics of the fault zone at particular stages of its evolution.’
- ‘This stratal geometry is common in temperate carbonates.’
- ‘If these progradational features are indicative of true stratal geometries they suggest significant transport of sediment across the sea bed during deposition.’
- ‘The basic characteristics of a stratal unit may be strongly controlled by source-area lithology.’
- ‘Below the downward tapering cone, stratal geometries change to a dominantly convex-up form defining a minor, upwards pointing cone that is reminiscent of reactive diapir geometry.’
- ‘However, although many of the reflection terminations appear indicative of stratal truncation it may not be the only cause of reflection termination.’
- ‘This study exemplifies very clearly the sort of stratal geometries that result from the progradation of specific, temperate carbonate sedimentary systems.’
- ‘The stratal geometries that are characteristic of the unconformity depend strongly on structural and geographical position within the basin.’
- ‘This study demonstrates a close relationship between sedimentary styles and stratal geometries resulting from progradation of specific sedimentary systems.’
- ‘The correlation is supported by an analysis of stratal expansion, throw development, and data on the sandstone ratio of corresponding footwall and hanging-wall intervals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.