One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating or belonging to strata or a stratum.
- ‘If these progradational features are indicative of true stratal geometries they suggest significant transport of sediment across the sea bed during deposition.’
- ‘This study demonstrates a close relationship between sedimentary styles and stratal geometries resulting from progradation of specific sedimentary systems.’
- ‘Below the downward tapering cone, stratal geometries change to a dominantly convex-up form defining a minor, upwards pointing cone that is reminiscent of reactive diapir geometry.’
- ‘These stratal patterns have recently been described in detail and their significance fully discussed by Braga et al…’
- ‘Depositional patterns within syn-tectonic stratal units give insights into the spatial characteristics of the fault zone at particular stages of its evolution.’
- ‘The stratal geometries that are characteristic of the unconformity depend strongly on structural and geographical position within the basin.’
- ‘Strong, continuous stratal reflections characterize the shallow subsurface on the upper and middle shelf.’
- ‘Similar stratal geometries have been described from comparable levels in the Chalk of the North Sea, and in outcrop in Britain and France.’
- ‘The correlation is supported by an analysis of stratal expansion, throw development, and data on the sandstone ratio of corresponding footwall and hanging-wall intervals.’
- ‘This stratal geometry is common in temperate carbonates.’
- ‘The basic characteristics of a stratal unit may be strongly controlled by source-area lithology.’
- ‘This study exemplifies very clearly the sort of stratal geometries that result from the progradation of specific, temperate carbonate sedimentary systems.’
- ‘However, although many of the reflection terminations appear indicative of stratal truncation it may not be the only cause of reflection termination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.