Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An equation or fractal set representing a complex pattern of behavior in a chaotic system.
- ‘This system has become known as the Lorenz strange attractor, and many more such systems are now known.’
- ‘Smale discovered strange attractors which lead to chaotic dynamical systems.’
- ‘We have a long way to go before we understand the ergodic theory of strange attractors.’
- ‘If you're addicted to science books, pick up this short and eminently readable book and enjoy the bizarre tale of fractals and strange attractors.’
- ‘In contrast, the trajectories of the 20 - Hz responses filled up a portion of the phase space because of their instability, depicting a so-called strange attractor.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.