One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1In a way that is uncomplicated and easy to do or understand.‘things are done simply and straightforwardly’‘the chapter explains straightforwardly the neurobiology of chronic pain’
- ‘The book is straightforwardly organized into three parts.’
- ‘Looked at straightforwardly, pensions are relatively simple.’
- ‘The host looks quite professional in presenting her program and explains each step straightforwardly.’
- ‘This method is flexible, has broad applicability, and may be straightforwardly adapted for parallel computing.’
- ‘The prickly complex of historiographical issues is actually sorted out and straightforwardly addressed.’
- 1.1 In an honest and frank manner.‘she treated everyone openly and straightforwardly’‘neither candidate has talked straightforwardly about this issue’
- ‘Tell her straightforwardly that you like her or whatever.’
- ‘At a banquet with her family, he bravely, passionately, and straightforwardly expressed his love for her.’
- ‘I will tell you straightforwardly, they're lying through their teeth.’
- ‘Can I just say something to you straightforwardly?’
- ‘The president responded straightforwardly to the question.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.