One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Beauty isn't about pageants and hair straighteners.’
- ‘If your hair is still not straight, even with all these products, or you want a quick fix, try using a hair straightener.’
- ‘The schoolmistress, known only as Miss Roberts, maintained discipline with a number of techniques no longer taught at teacher training college, including a cane and a wooden back straightener.’
- ‘First I would get out of the shower, turn on my hair straightener, scurry to my room, change, then scurry back to the bathroom.’
- ‘Great managers are enlargers and enhancers, not punishers and straighteners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.