One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1North American Unmixed; unadulterated.‘a dry Martini served straight up’
undiluted, neat, unmixed, unadulterated, pure, unblended, uncutView synonyms
- ‘This is a vodka to be drunk straight up, and one that is good for the martini drinker.’
2Truthfully; honestly.‘tell your friends straight up how you feel’
- ‘Well, I guess you should just tell them straight up that you're gay and that you don't (and will never) find them attractive.’
- ‘Well, let me tell you straight up: I've never changed my mind about the war.’
- ‘She had asked him straight up if there was anything going on between the two co-stars and he denied it.’
- ‘Straight up, I didn't laugh once during this entire flick!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.