One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of pool in which the players score points for each ball pocketed, the winner being the first to reach a set total of points.
- ‘The next morning, before the matches started, I had the opportunity to play Jimmy in straight pool.’
- ‘If you're thinking that maybe there is grass beginning to grow under Leil's feet, just ask him to play a little one pocket or straight pool sometime.’
- ‘As he got a little older and his play progressed he began playing in tournaments and joined a straight pool league at a local poolroom.’
- ‘Even Miller, who holds the record with a run of 526 in straight pool, finally missed one.’
- ‘He said that his favorite game is straight pool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.