Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sequence of drawings, typically with some directions and dialogue, representing the shots planned for a movie or television production.
rough idea, thumbnail sketch, abbreviated version, summary, synopsis, résumé, precis, abridgement, abstract, reduction, digestView synonyms
- ‘Equally interesting are the galleries of storyboards, production designs, and publicity stills from the film.’
- ‘The storyboard montage consists of storyboards and scenes from the film edited together and then shown with some dance music in the background.’
- ‘From shooting to working on the storyboard, direction, production and even editing has been done by the children themselves.’
- ‘Here, the sense of immediacy and the developing narrative are reminiscent of sketched film storyboards.’
- ‘Learn top camcorder techniques and everything about screenplays and storyboards, writing your script, the shoot, editing tips and sound and music for your production.’
- ‘Sometimes a film only uses storyboards for difficult sequences, other times the entire film is storyboarded.’
- ‘She made a precise storyboard and created some images on the computer.’
- ‘The project began when the pupils, aged eight and nine, worked with their parents to produce storyboards to outline what they wanted the film to include.’
- ‘The disc also has a series of production photos, and the storyboards from several sequences in the film.’
- ‘Here you get a weighty complement of storyboards, production design drawings, and photographs.’
- ‘He even provides us with a few storyboards from the film, offering up his thoughts on how they helped him realize his vision.’
- ‘Participants will also be taught the basics of drawing up their own storyboards so they do not waste time taking unwanted footage.’
- ‘Also included are animated storyboards of the basketball sequences, which are very interesting and informative.’
- ‘Unlike a regular storyboard, in these drawings each frame is gridded, showing the different scenes that are going to be combined together.’
- ‘The trailer actually undersells the film, while the storyboards and biography make for intriguing viewing.’
- ‘Twenty-one of Kurosawa's storyboards are also reproduced in the booklet.’
- ‘The storyboard contains a rough sketch representation of the video.’
- ‘Garth had written storyboards for most of the film, we were very, very well prepared.’
- ‘A set of nine black-and-white storyboards, a director's filmography, and three trailers round out the anemic set of extra features.’
- ‘But on bad days where we were all racing the clock, we could fall back on the storyboards and the shot lists and get it done.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.