One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A regular time at which a story is read aloud to children.
- ‘Finally there was a large turnout at the toddler storytime on Thursday which was followed by a making bookmarks craft session.’
- ‘The preschoolers and seniors attend chapel together and share story-time once a week.’
- ‘Youngsters enjoyed activities like apple bobbing, vegetable carving, wheel races and story time.’
- ‘There are toys, slides, music/band equipment, play-dough and painting sessions and morning ends with song, or story time.’
- ‘This was just like story time in primary school!’
- ‘He went to straight to bed and was asleep soon after his storytime.’
- ‘To help mark Children's Book Festival, a special story time was held at the library for the nursery school classes.’
- ‘Children aged two to eight years old can attend storytime, with an Easter theme, starting at 3.30 pm.’
- ‘Whether it is bath time, story time, or bedtime, consciously appreciate the moments you spend together.’
- ‘I spent all day there, thumbing through books, writing reports, doing research and sometimes attending the storytimes and special events they had.’
- ‘The library is also a wonderful resource for finding collections of traditional folklore, and many offer weekly storytime sessions for young children.’
- ‘In 1996, the downstairs was renovated for a childrens' department for storytime.’
- ‘A preschool classroom has many activities going on in the course of the school day, from finger-painting to story time to snack to building.’
- ‘Children between four and six years old can gather at 10 am for a free storytime.’
- ‘This snug space has just enough room for a crib, plus a rocking chair and bookshelves for story time.’
- ‘Be sure to ask about checking out CDs and videos, and inquire about children's activities such as story time or free films.’
- ‘We just recently began attending Lake Jackson Branch story time for toddlers.’
- ‘Children have an opportunity to participate in free play, music and storytime.’
- ‘Children may soon feel the dietary minority upon entering school; I didn't want them feeling that way in our own home during storytime.’
- ‘The bookstore will host a story time for children.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.