One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small heavy jib for use in a high wind.
- ‘Once you have set the storm jib and storm trysail, you will need to find your boat's best angle of attack.’
- ‘The first big blow was unpleasant and I had to reduce sail to my smallest storm jib and trysail.’
- ‘We opened our jib a bit and later in the evening unfurled a bit of the storm jib too and reached 4 knots.’
- ‘We replaced the tiny storm jib and this immediately gave us enough power to make better progress.’
- ‘For that reason, a proper storm jib should be considered an essential part of any yacht's safety gear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.