One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of material designed to protect an opening or fastener on a tent or coat from the effects of rain.
- ‘Made from lightweight Gore-Tex, this features two massive pockets complete with storm flaps to keep your sweeties and other valuables safe when deliriously indulging in outdoor high jinx.’
- ‘The extremely practical and funky knee length side zips with popper storm flaps allow ankles to be aired and calves exposed.’
- ‘It has a genuine leather collar, outside storm flap with hidden snaps, and side-entry chest pockets.’
- ‘Features: 100% nylon mesh upper and taffeta lower lining, bellows pocket on chest, zippered pocket on sleeve, zippered reverse-entry pockets, and a storm flap covers full-front zipper.’
- ‘In addition, the jacket features a security pocket hidden behind the storm flap.’
- ‘It has a front storm flap with zipper and hidden snaps, encased elastic cuffs and bottom hem, and bar-tacking at critical stress points.’
- ‘It features a storable hood, 2 cargo and 1 map pocket, a double storm flap, 2-way zipper, articulated elbows and knees, and neoprene cuffs.’
- ‘A mesh lining, two-way front zipper, storm flap, lined pockets, adjustable cuffs - plus other features - mark this as a modem outdoor garment.’
- ‘The front has a two-way zipper and a storm flap that secures with snaps.’
- ‘The wrist zips work with two chest zippers to keep fresh air flowing through the jacket - an effect further enhanced by storm flaps on the chest that open to form little air scoops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.