One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tight-fitting inner cuff, typically an elasticized one, that prevents rain or wind from getting inside a coat.
- ‘Features include: adjustable web shoulder strap with quick release buckle, storm cuffs and 2 outside zippered pockets.’
- ‘Features include a removable cape, outside cargo pockets with snap flaps, hand warmer pockets, two inside zippered pockets, adjustable storm cuffs, snap back vent with cantle gusset, and leg straps.’
- ‘The jacket sleeves have a comfortable inside storm cuff with the addition of an adjustable Velcro closure on the outer shell cuff.’
- ‘It has a cotton classic tartan lining, a full width rear game pocket with side zips, corduroy collar studded for optional hood, snap closed throat flap, storm fly front, raglan sleeves with underarm ventilation, adjustable storm cuffs, and a two way brass zipper.’
- ‘It features raglan sleeves with underarm ventilation, adjustable storm cuffs, and brass-finish two-way metal zipper.’
- ‘Other features: split back with bi-swing, pleated elbow, rib knit storm cuff in sleeve, adjustable waist tabs, under arm grommets for ventilation’
- ‘I designed the jacket to contain and circulate body heat, which is only possible when the storm cuff is inside the wrist of the coat.’
- ‘It is fully lined, with a concealed hood in the collar, toggled drawcord hem, storm cuffs and collar, and pocket flaps with stud fastening.’
- ‘The flotation jacket features concealed hood, storm cuffs and sealed seams to keep out wind and water.’
- ‘With a stowaway hood, elasticated storm cuffs and zipped pockets, the jacket offers great protection for training in poor weather conditions.’
- ‘Other features: triple-stitched main seams, split back with bi-swing, pleated elbow, rib-knit storm cuff in sleeve, hanger loop’
- ‘The coats provide protection from cold and wet with a thick construction and water-repellent treatment while offering function through its large pockets, secure Velcro closures and storm cuff wrists.’
- ‘The jacket has a zip front with cover flap, two patch pockets with cover flaps and storm cuffs.’
- ‘These have a longer gauntlet type cuff than the classic glove incorporating an inner storm cuff with pull cord to tighten and an outer pull cord too giving double the storm protection’
- ‘All models normally used for fishing or shooting have adjustable storm cuffs with Velcro fastenings which can be tightened to prevent water running down the arm.’
- ‘The sleeves have knit storm cuffs and half inch leatherette trim.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.