One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An approximately circular accelerator in which particles can be effectively stored by being made to circulate continuously at high energy.
- ‘He invented the colliding-beam storage ring and developed the technology that is now the basis of all high-energy particle accelerators.’
- ‘A storage ring has the same components as the main accelerator but with fewer klystrons.’
- ‘In the more distant future it may be possible to make intense and well-controlled high energy neutrino beams from decays of muons in a storage ring, although at present many technical problems remain unsolved.’
- ‘He and his colleagues now plan to request funding to restart the storage ring, which was shut down in 2001.’
- ‘They modified an electron storage ring - a facility for producing powerful x rays - to produce high-power T-rays.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.