One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her expression changed back to stoniness when Catherine met her eyes.’
- ‘That touched her deeply, as much as the fear and worry she could see once he'd dropped the stoniness, allowing her to see the vulnerability beneath.’
- ‘While Duval was a four time All-American at Georgia Tech he was known as Rock, for the solidity of his game and the stoniness of his bearing.’
- ‘She felt the stoniness of his restraint and turned around to face him.’
- ‘I'm terrified that if I stop writing, then my traditional wall of stoniness will return forever.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.