One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The entire room continued to stare stonily at me while Wanda nodded encouragingly.’
- ‘He avoided the fat man's searching squint, kept his eyes fixed stonily on the water.’
- ‘Within in two minutes, only Morgana and Violet remained in the garden, mother and daughter staring stonily at each other across the few feet that separated them.’
- ‘The boy remained silent, staring at him stonily.’
- ‘I didn't reply, and continued to stare stonily ahead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.