One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The boy remained silent, staring at him stonily.’
- ‘The entire room continued to stare stonily at me while Wanda nodded encouragingly.’
- ‘He avoided the fat man's searching squint, kept his eyes fixed stonily on the water.’
- ‘I didn't reply, and continued to stare stonily ahead.’
- ‘Within in two minutes, only Morgana and Violet remained in the garden, mother and daughter staring stonily at each other across the few feet that separated them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.