One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of music) having a lively stamping rhythm.
- ‘It's a fine slice of foot stomping blues boogie and should be the ace that levers The Kings of Leon onto the main stages of Europe's summer festivals.’
- ‘He apes Velvet Underground's I'm Waiting For The Man to brilliant effect on the stomping Mucky Fingers.’
- ‘Thirty minutes of energetic stomping metal is enough to grip anybody that has actually come to see some music rather than snog with Sharon of Class 5B in the corner.’
- ‘Million Dead have the stomping riffs and thumping bass lines that make them a great band.’
- ‘The opener ‘Do It Again’ is a stomping serenade that cuts three different structures into the song, allowing him to weave his vocals around the jutting guitar riffs.’
- ‘The title track rests on a huge, stomping AC / DC riff, and the two rappers sound pretty amazing yelling over it.’
- ‘His feet are the percussion; his stamping transforms the song from sweet ditty to stomping barn-dance floor classic.’
- ‘Then, as instructed, two beats cue the stomping 60-second Toadies-via-Pixies rip-off.’
- ‘This is particularly evident on the stomping melody ‘Before I Hit The Wall’.’
- ‘A massive gothic organ lifts the sublime ‘Escape Song’ up a gear before a Syd Barrett guitar hook progresses the track to a stomping fuzzed rock finale.’
- ‘But the stomping beat, electric noodling and spinetingling bass on this track are enough to win me over.’
- ‘Out of a buzzy analog haze, a stomping bassline gathers up all the lost children and, in a glorious series of chimes and welcoming blips, sends them out into a magical world of candy cane funk.’
- ‘This rejuvenated band sound fantastic, their 7 song set stuffed with stomping indie hits.’
- ‘Their stomping bluegrass rhythms got everyone dancing on the lakeshore by the time evening came in July and being local they are very keen to support the event and keep it going from strength to strength.’
- ‘But this spanking new effort, while powerful, boasts a distinctly ethereal quality, softening the stomping stridency of the Simple Minds we knew in the 1980s.’
- ‘The Crystal Method's style grafts elements of the U.K.'s big beat generation with stomping funk and plenty of American rock and roll.’
- ‘Expect stomping tunes, lots of shouting, explosions, visuals, possibly the odd floating drum riser, denim, leather, hair and more shouting.’
- ‘‘Crabbuckit’ is a New Orleans front-stoop jam bursting at the seams with stomping bass and hand claps.’
- ‘When he kicks into the stomping chorus of ‘One more city and we're gonna fall apart,’ he sounds like he's exorcising old demons.’
- ‘It's spangled with lingering-vulture reverb picks, stomping fuzz bass and a delightfully mushy drum sound, likely one of Moe Tucker's appearances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.