One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Forty-four tunes ranging from the early jazz stompers, showboat classics and fragile swing numbers to her mournful - almost unbearable - masterpiece Strange Fruit.’
- ‘There are nicely judged stompers like ‘Get Up’, weirder workouts such as ‘Cool Hand Luke’, ballads with bite like ‘Heavy Heart’ or irresistible pop rock in the form of the grandly titled ‘The Applecross Wing Commander’.’
- ‘The seven-piece Keighley band has released its first album mixing covers, traditional songs and self-written stompers.’
- ‘Robust stompers such as Twelve Midnight (part of a suite of variations on Anderson's ‘Midnight ‘theme) will appeal to fans of La Bottine Souriante and Fairport Convention.’’
- ‘Although perhaps less immediate than their debut (there are no storming stompers in the league of ‘Joe's Head’ or ‘Happy Alone’), after repeated listens, the beauty of the tracks begins to emerge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.