Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to a stoma or stomata.
- ‘As stomatal guard cells contain chloroplasts they would be expected to contain the apparatus necessary to make ABA.’
- ‘Stomatal rows were measured as the number of stomatal rows in both stomatal bands.’
- ‘These findings support the view that abaxial and adaxial stomatal development may also be under independent control.’
- ‘Uptake increased with humidity, stomatal aperture and stomatal density.’
- ‘The abaxial and adaxial stomatal densities were determined from the equation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.