One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pain in a person's belly.‘most childhood stomachaches aren't serious’
indigestion, dyspepsiaView synonyms
- ‘Alternatively, he can just say that his stomach ache has got worse.’
- ‘The 19-year-old spent a year visiting doctors for treatment for a stomach ache before they finally discovered last month that he had terminal liver cancer.’
- ‘The larvae of Toxocara canis may cause a stomach ache, but can also trigger an asthma attack, pneumonia and seizures, and affect vision.’
- ‘Why does excessive drinking give me a stomach ache?’
- ‘How well I remember my son's first day at school: the stomach ache the night before, the paralysing shyness at the gate, the skirting round the edge of the playground not making eye contact.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.