One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without showing one's feelings or complaining about pain or hardship.‘an old woman who stoically accepts the demolition of her house’‘Mary stood stoically with an expression of long-suffering’
- ‘Outwardly, at least, Lincoln reacted stoically to the continuing hard news.’
- ‘There's the dashing hero, a former pilot stricken with impending blindness who stoically refuses to be pitied.’
- ‘He seems to be stoically dealing with what should be a traumatic change in his life.’
- ‘She stoically soldiers on, even calming down her distraught fellow actors.’
- ‘Her son may be stoically coping in lonely misery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.