One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Given the blather SFO dispenses about ‘modern’ and ‘contemporary’ solutions to the stodginess of opera, how disappointing is it when an apotheosis, written into the music, is funked by the production team?’
- ‘Not in the mood for stodginess, I'd opted for the Akhini Chicken, a mild dish with pineapple, almonds and sultanas.’
- ‘They also sensed that the music promised, or symbolised, a release from the nineteenth-century bourgeois stodginess which had somehow culminated in the war.’
- ‘With growth and stability has come stodginess, predictability and excessive caution.’
- ‘He produces a familiar litany of complaints about the Review: stodginess, Anglophilia, nonchalance toward younger contributors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.