One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Though undeniably talented, Martin exhibits a hesitant sense of what separates the singingly oral from the stodgily ordinary.’
- ‘His work is a testament to the artist's need to clarify and baffle - and a reproach to the present, when ‘independent’ now means a stodgily narrative film with a slot at Sundance and a chance to get it released by Miramax.’
- ‘For the most part, however, it's content to coast by on the romantic-adventure premise stodgily laid out in an uninspired screenplay.’
- ‘The hardware engravings themselves often seem to have been collected with the tastes of particular overseas markets in mind, and can contain a mixture of the stodgily old-fashioned and the frivolously up-to-date to please all tastes.’
- ‘You get your hero's origin sequence, decent overview of his costume and civilian life, stodgily staged romance, plus two of the comic series' better baddies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.