One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A situation in which an item is out of stock.
- ‘This high-level forecasting results in store-level stock-outs among retailers and dissatisfied consumers.’
- ‘These inventory management schedules permitted budgeting of raw material expenditures and minimized the risk of stock-outs by identifying seasonal variation in demand.’
- ‘Collaboration also improves customer service by reducing stock-outs, giving consumers what they want when they want it and creating the opportunity for significant results to top line sales and bottom line profits.’
- ‘This system reduces the need for retailers to stockpile large inventories of a growing range of products, thereby reducing their risk of stock-outs, markdowns, and inventory carrying costs.’
- ‘This virtually eliminates stock-outs and minimizes downtime waiting for parts.’
- ‘‘We now see what we have out there weeks earlier than before, which helps us avoid stock-outs and keep our own inventory levels down,’ she says.’
- ‘‘Drug stock-outs have been reduced from 15% to only 4.5%‘.’
- ‘This increase in system maintenance quickly created stock-out conditions in the supply system.’
- ‘The time delay generated by the longer supply chain significantly increases the chances of both stock-outs in the near term, and excess and obsolete inventory in the long term.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.