One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for stockinette (sense 2 of the noun)
- ‘I couldn't understand how Rowan could rate this as a 2 star pattern, since it was just very basic stocking stitch with a tiny bit of lace, but once I got onto the front, it was clear that the pattern was not quite as simple as I'd expected.’
- ‘I particularly liked this pattern, which was easy to memorise and a tad more interesting than a rib or stocking stitch.’
- ‘I did the body in stocking stitch and boxed the flower in reverse stocking stitch as opposed to doing the whole front and back in stocking stitch.’
- ‘It is a slip stitch pattern on reverse stocking stitch.’
- ‘The original pattern is done in reverse stocking stitch (hard to see in the picture, but obvious in the book), but Tracy did hers in stocking stitch.’
stocking stitch/ˈstäkiNG ˌstiCH/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.