One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I had to put on a lot of stockiness for that role,’ he reveals, in a rare moment of frankness.’
- ‘My height, and associated stockiness, also meant that I was capable of holding my own in what was the most important of all of Daramalan's peer rituals - Lunch Time Rugby.’
- ‘I like guys that have a little bit of stockiness to them, like a teddy bear that you can snuggle up to.’
- ‘One immediately noticeable difference when the skeleton of a modern human is compared with the reconstruction is the stockiness and lack of a waist of the Neanderthal.’
- ‘A knot of four men enter the room, led by a young, blond man of middle height, tending towards stockiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.