One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His accomplice, who was also wearing a light blue top, was white, 5ft 7ins tall, stockily built, in his 20s and was wearing sand-coloured casual shoes.’
- ‘It takes just about two minutes to note what kind of dancers he favors: sturdily - often stockily - built, fleshy men and women with lots of blunt muscle power.’
- ‘He is said to be in his early 20s, 5ft 8in tall, stockily built with short mousy hair.’
- ‘The robber who threatened the woman was white, 5ft 8in, stockily built and between 25 and 40.’
- ‘He was stockily built, about 11 years old, wearing a distinctive bright red tracksuit-like garment and had unusually thick, bushy, fair to gingery hair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.